Monday, January 16, 2012

A Day in My Shoes

Click here to join!

Since I am snowed in and have nothing else to do (beside writing my chapter outline for my Masters), I decided to join A Day in My Shoes Linky Party!  It sounds fun and I am interested in reading what other people days look like.  Here is a typical day in my kindergarten classroom!

5:00 am - My alarm will be ringing and of course I hit the snooze button until 5:30.

5:30 am - 6:30 - Shower, put on my face, and do my hair.

6:30-7:00 - Stop and grab Starbucks (it's a must!) and lunch somewhere.

7:00- 7:30- Drive to work while listening to the radio station

7:30-8:45- Organize, make copies, turn on the computer & check my email, chit chat with my fellow teachers, get distracted, ORGANIZE some more, laminate activities I found online, and get their morning work on their table.  Morning Work is usually a sight word worksheet.


8:45-8:55- Freak out because I am not ready for the day :)

8:55-9:15- Pick up the kiddos and start morning work

9:15-9:30- Calendar

9:30-10:30- Reader's Workshop/Daily 5: I will start off with a mini-lesson then they will make their daily 5 choices (word work, read to self, read to someone, listen to reading, and work on writing).  During this time, I will pull small guided reading groups.

10:30-10:45 Recess for the kiddos and I am getting ready for snack time

10:45-10:55- Snack  and Tumblebooks

10:55- 11:35 Math mini-lesson and then math work stations: I am allowing my kids to choose their own partner and math tubs.  By doing so, I feel like they are much more engaged.  If I have kids not doing what they are suppose to, I have them put their heads down and they will do math tubs during free choice time with me supervising. 

11:35-11:40 Bathroom stop before lunch

11:40-12:25- Lunch/Recess

12:25-12:45- Rest their little brains and then Read Aloud

12:45-1:15- Music/PE

1:15-1:50- Writer's Workshop: Mini-lesson then they go and write.  During this time, I will need to turn on my Yacker Tracker because they tend to be a bit chatty.

1:50-2:20- Handwriting/Show and Tell (only on Fridays)

2:20-2:30- Pack up and get their colored construction paper for the day.

2:30-2:50 Free Choice Time

2:50-3:00 Song or Read Aloud

3:00- Dismissal

3:00-3:15- Chit Chatting with parents, sometimes they will stay in my room and chit chat for 30 minutes!

3:15-4:00- Clean the classroom and get ready for tomorrow

4:00-4:45- Drive home from work and then CRASH (I wish) more like go online and check out the blogging world and have my dogs cry for my attention.

3 comments:

  1. nice post. Now you can use this b2b services directory to promote kids footwears import & export business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all start late!!! We start at 7:50 and don't get out until 3:35!!! So jealous!

    Thanks for linking up!
    Miss Klohn
    Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through the Day in My Shoes linky party. I love that you get Starbucks every morning. I'm thinking that if I added that to my daily routine I would be a lot more awake! :]

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete