Sunday, May 20, 2012

Week 1 and 2 Curriculum Map for Kindergarten

In order to have alignment, our school is requiring teachers to team up by grade level and curriculum map.  I am so glad because everyone has been doing their own thing for so long.  I am sharing with you our curriculum map for the first full week of school for kindergarten.  We start instruction the first full week of school, which gives us 3 days to learn rules and procedures.  Our district uses the balanced literacy approach which consists of interactive read aloud, guided reading, reader's workshop mini-lesson, word work and shared reading.  As you can see, we won't be doing guided reading groups until later on (after we get to know the kiddos a bit more).  There are no word work because we are currently waiting for a phonics program.  I am crossing my fingers that we will adopt Fountas and Pinnell Phonics Program!  Comments and feedback are appreciated :)


Curriculum Map Kindergarten Week 1




 Week 2 Curriculum Map

 A resource that we used to determine the teaching points for interactive read aloud was Interactive Read Aloud by Linda Hoyt.  It is a great resource and worth the money! All K-1 teachers should own a copy!

I do not work or am any way affiliated with them.  I thought I just share with my fellow bloggers an awesome resource.  Here's a link to learn more about about their resource http://www.interactivereadalouds.com/

8 comments:

  1. I thought I had been following you this whole time...Sheesh! Thanks for letting me know about this resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following you on pinterest forever it seems like! You're one of my favorites :) I'm glad I found your blog!!!
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazon loves me this month because I keep reading about resources to add to my summer reading list! :) I'm glad I discovered your blog-you have great ideas! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jolly Phonics is awesome. My kids do very well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your newest follower! This looks amazing, and I too LOVE Fountas and Pinnell.

    Michala
    thehallyhousehold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for linking up at my Common Core Linky Party! I love seeing a peek at your curriculum map! :) We just started using IRA a year or two ago and you are right, it is a wonderful resource!

    Blessings,
    Marlana
    Lil' Country Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful resource. Thank you ! It is a amazing and I am not your newest follower! Charlain

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just saved my life!!!! Thank you for sharing your curriculum map, it gave me astarting point for my big masters assignment!

    ReplyDelete